PDA

View Full Version : Question on insert Object

volabos
07-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi, I wanted to insert a Word file into my excel work-sheet using "Insert -> object."

From the "create from file" tab I chosen the desired word file (which is already saved in my hard disk) and checked both "link to file" & "display as icon" options.

This is ok. However if I look into the Word-icon in my sheet, I see there is a caption under the icon, which displays the file-path of that word file.

How I can disable that caption? I also tried the "change icon" option and in the "Caption" field I deleted the file path which was there as default. However nothing happened (still the complete file path is displayed under the word icon.)

What is the correct way to say excel "please do not display anything just show be the icon?" :banghead:

Thanks for your help.

rbrhodes
07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I just tried it in Excel 2007 and removing the caption works so that tells me you are using an older version (I tried in excel '97 and it did NOT work).

If that is true I think your only option is to insert a picture control from the activeX controls, add a picture to it and some code to mimic 'link to file'