PDA

View Full Version : con.open error message data source name not found no default driver specified

rocky_enc
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I am trying to create a simple vb form using visual basic application which can connect to ms access database and insert data into the database. I have already tried the following code which was working fine but then I upgrade to ms office 2010 trial package and I think it was working that time as well but then suddenly one day I started getting the following error

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)';

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

once I came across this error I removed ms office 2010 but still the error was there

the code I used is as follows

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim connectionstr As String
Dim sql As String

connectionstr = "DBQ=C:\Users\Shan\desktop\sample.mdb; driver={Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};"

conn.Open connectionstr

sql = "insert into table1 values('" & textbox1.value & "','" & textbox2.value & "')"

conn.Execute sql
conn.Close
Set conn = Nothing

End Sub

I know this coding is absolutely fine as it was working before but it would be greatfull if anyone can solve this problem.

rbrhodes
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Interesting article here:

http://forums.devarticles.com/microsoft-sql-server-5/data-source-name-not-found-and-no-default-driver-specified-8346.html