PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft listview control 6.0 (SP4) problem

boellie
08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
On a new computer with Microsoft XP pro and Office Pro 2003 installed and all critical updates installed:

When I put a listview control on a sheet and close/save and reopen, the control is still there. When I save, close and reopen again, a white rectangle with a red cross is placed on the sheet. And the listview object doesn’t exist anymore. I have a large application that depends on these listviews so any help is greatly appreciated. If a use a treeview I get the same behaviour.

When I perform the same on my own computer, all is functional. Only difference between these two pc’s is the version of VB. Own pc has Microsoft visual basic 6.3 and new pc has version 6.5. Also office SP3 is installed on the new pc.

Things I’ve tried so far:
- search internet for several hours to find information on the red cross in respect to the listview component.
- Installed vbrun60.exe
- Installed vbrun60sp5.exe
- Installed vbrun60sp6.exe
- Compared MSCOMCTL files on both pc’s, they are the same.

Have A look at the attachment for more details.

: pray2: Any pointers in what I could try more?

Thanks in advance!

p45cal
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Give up trying to use activex controls on sheets. Seriously. Behaviour predictability is not their strong point.
Use a userform instead, if at all possible.

boellie
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your answer. Not the answer I was hoping for though ;).

It is an application that has been functional for a couple of years now. I will look into changing the code. But is there anyone with an idea for a quick fix?

Any pointers on how to change the listview to a userform? The listview is used for displaying about 20 columns from database.

Thanks.

boellie
08-12-2010, 06:55 AM
It was SP3 of Office that caused the problem, after a reinstall of Office without updates it worked. Then I installed all updates of office without SP3 and it still worked. Still don't know what caused it though, I have tried everything. Found out that the problem only exists in excel. Anyway, I will try to live without updates for Office.