PDA

View Full Version : Need help with word to excel function

nlk634
08-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Hello, currently I am working on a project that requires information to be pulled from a specific word document to an excel sheet, but I am a beginner to VBA in Office 2007. Basically, there are multiple strings that follow this format : <abc-9.1.2.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx> . The characters listed will be constant, but the xxxx's vary with every instance of this string. The way this needs to work is to have the macro open up a search and find every instance of this string. Once it finds the first instance, it must copy it to a column in an excel file, then search for the next instance and repeat the process. The goal is to have it find every instance of that string and populate its corresponding column in excel. If anyone here could give me pointers on which functions to use it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the macro is located in excel. Users have to click a button in the Excel file to start the process. Also, I cannot post the documents to be used as they contain sensitive information.