PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Conditional format

austenr
08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I need to find a way to use conditional formatting or something that when a condition is met make the text in the cells white. Ordinarily this would not be a problem but most of the cells have thin black borders on them. How do you deal with them?

Bob Phillips
08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
What does the black border have to do with the text colour?

Simon Lloyd
08-07-2010, 10:35 AM
The condition you're thinking of would help :), when you say black lines do you mean the border? Right click>format cells>borders and click none, or do you mean the grid as it stands? menubar>options>display and uncheck show gridlines

austenr
08-07-2010, 11:47 AM
WhAt I Am saying is I want everything in that cell range to be inviIble

austenr
08-08-2010, 08:16 AM
trying to come up with a formula in conditional formatting that will do the following on the attached WB:

remove the border in A1, remove the fill color in D5 and make the text white in E2.

Bob Phillips
08-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I think that you need to set the gridlines colour to a known (to you) colour, and then set the border to that colour in the CF.

austenr
08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
What would the formula look like?

Bob Phillips
08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
The formula is irrelevant Austen (to this discussion, it would depend upon what data would drive hiding the borer, which only youy know), but is all in the formatting.

austenr
08-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Bob,

Have multiple ranges of cells to do hiding of border colors(automatic), cell text color(automatic). The data that drives the formatting is the value contained in

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("E4")
Sorry to be so dense and maybe not explaining it well. All I want to do if the condition is met is to have the cells look like any ordinary blank cell.

What I am really wanting to find out is how to format multiple ranges of cells as described above if the condition is met. In other words, in the conditional formatting would I choose value is, or do I need to construct a formula to do all ranges simultaneously?

austenr
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Never mind I think I got it.