PDA

View Full Version : Convert Word doc to PDF?

clhare
08-09-2010, 04:24 AM
We use customized Adobe settings and I have learned that because certain docs have special barcodes in them, the normal settings don't work. So, the users currently change the settings to one that will skip over font embedding failures, then convert to PDF, then change the settings back to work with docs without this barcode.

Is it possible to use a macro to do the following with a Word doc? I've tried recording the steps, but found that the macro I end up with has nothing in it:

Change the Adobe conversion settings
Create a PDF from the doc
Change the Adobe conversion settings back to original settingThanks!

Brewsterann
05-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Although PDF is originally developed by Adobe, I haven't used Adobe to convert pdf. Im a teacher, i usually needs to convert pdf to ppt for my teaching schcdule, i would like to choose some simple professional pdf to word converter software to finish the work.

fumei
05-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't know what version you are using but (and I could be wrong), I think Word VBA is only capable of sending the document to the converter via

ExportFormat:=wdExportFormatPDF

I don't think (but I could be wrong) settings are exposed to VBA.

fumei
05-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Brewsterann, you may be better served by posting your own separate thread. The subject of this thread is Word to PDF. Your posting is asking about something else.

arronlee
06-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Most of Adobe softwares can solve you problem.
But many of them are so expensive.
If you juest want to Convert Word doc to PDF, you can google some free tools online to help you.
May be the function of the free ones can't match with the professional paid ones.
It can help us solve some siple problems.
The key point is that it is totally free.
BTW, the free trials of some professional paid ones is also a good choice if you are not a regular user.

xmlld
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM
if you have word 07 installed, try to download a add-on for it ,and then you could directly save .doc as .pdf .it is a quick solution ,isn;t it.
I don;t use Adbobe either .There are so many restrains if you're not using the PRO condition.If I want to convert pdf files to other formats, like image ,text, html, I perfer using PDF converter freeware.

arronlee
08-19-2013, 07:40 PM
I am using word 07, and there are many tools to choose from , I suppose.