PDA

View Full Version : Please password protect my file

rachell_8
08-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi, I'm just a newbie here.. Could someone please help me password protect my file without destroying the drop-downs and macro.. i need the yellow fields to remain unprotected so other users can be allowed input. Thanks in advance!

Bob Phillips
08-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Didn't I do that previously?

Have you tried Googling it?

rachell_8
08-11-2010, 12:40 AM
hi xld. actually i noticed that when we hid the index tab, the macro for my row 12 (Vendor Account Group) which supposedly changes the choices available depending on the country i choose-does not work. i dont know if it's because my data for the combo box are on the INDEX tab. Kindly have a look again please. here's the original file i sent on the separate thread i posted.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33519

on the file you returned on your reply, the macro for row 12 does not work anymore.. :(

Bob Phillips
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
That is a completely different question!

I can see that your dropdowns refer to macros in the original, which I didn't spot yesterday, but none of those macros exist, so the selection triggers nothing, which is what I found on testing and why I thought they were just data selections. In other words, the code isn't there!

rachell_8
08-11-2010, 03:03 AM
oh alright.. that is weird.. so could you help me with my problem? i know this is just simple for experts like you and im a total VBA dummy so please forgive me if I may seem naive to you.. :)

Bob Phillips
08-11-2010, 03:32 AM
The code that is in the file, even though nothing seems to call it, just seems to build a dependent list. Why don't you just use INDIRECTed lists as you have elsewhere?

rachell_8
08-11-2010, 03:48 AM
hmmm.. i'l go ahead and give it a try.. thanks for that!

by the way, is there a way where a message box will appear in case some of the cells will not be filled-out completely by the user? like for example, i want specific cells to be like required fields and the user will not be able to save the file unless these required fields are all completely filled-in?

Bob Phillips
08-11-2010, 05:27 AM
You will need to trap the BeforeSave event for that.

rachell_8
08-12-2010, 03:01 AM
how do i do that? :dunno

Bob Phillips
08-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)

On Error GoTo wb_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

'change the following code to apply to your sheet/fields
With Worksheets("Sheet1")

If .Range("A1").Value2 = "" And .Range("H5").Value = "" Then