PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Combobox Highlight Causing Readability Problems

pratell
08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Greetings, I searched the forum for a similar problem but I guess no is as nitpicky as I am. As an introductory project to VBA, I am editing a user form in excel, and right now I have a combobox on it with white background and black font. The problem comes when the user selects an entry from the list they can clearly see what the options are until they highlight them with the cursor. The dark grey highlight combined with black text on white font creates a poor contrast and the selection becomes obscured. Additionally, after something is selected and the combobox still has focus, the dark grey with black text on white background persists until something else is selected, making it difficult for some users to see precisely what they clicked until they click somewhere else. So, my question is this: Can I a) change the color of the highlight to a lighter shade of grey, or b) change the color of the currently highlighted text to provide better contrast with the highlight, such as white on dark grey?

Artik
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
It is a setting in Windows. Since I lack the words, see in the picture how to change it (sorry, in Polish version :) )

"Wybrane elementy" = "Selected Items"

Artik

pratell
08-13-2010, 05:58 AM
ah, thank you very much! it looks much better now.