PDA

View Full Version : ActiveX problems after kb2277947

Paul_Hossler
08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
kb2277947

MS10-056: Description of the security update for the 2007 Office system and for the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system: August 10, 2010

I have an 2007 Excel workbook that creates a 2007 Word document from a specific DOTX, enters some data into bookmarks, and is supposed to .SaveAs for the user to edit.

The DOTX contains ActiveX check boxes for the Word user to complete.

Ever since KB2277947 was installed, Excel and Word don't play nicely togeather. It either hangs, or ends on the FileSaveAs, or throws a server automation error

Now I know that samples will help, but it'll take a while to strip the XLSM and the DOTX down to the basic issue, and to sanatize the data, but I thought that some one might have experience or ideas to try before I did all that

Paul

Tinbendr
08-15-2010, 11:48 AM
I have not heard of this, but what would happen if, instead of loading a dotx, you called a template?

Paul_Hossler
08-15-2010, 02:45 PM
When I create a document

... WordApp.Documents.Add(sTemplate)

from a template (the .DOTX file) it just creates a document based on that template

Since the template has ActiveX controls in it, so does the document

Did I mis-understand your suggestion?

Paul

Tinbendr
08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
No. You didn't misunderstand.

That was my one wild guess.

geekgirlau
08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming that you are displaying the File Save As dialog for the user to edit - if so, what about prompting for that information in another way (input box?) and having your code save the document? I know it's clumsier but might be worth a try.

Paul_Hossler
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi -- good thought, but the FileSaveAs name is built from the WB name, and does into the same folder with out user intervention

I have a sinking feeling that I'll need to provide a lot more information. I'll boil the XLSM and the DOTX down into the barest essentials and provide more (OK, better) information. It'll take a little while to do that

But thanks for your suggestions so far

Paul