PDA

View Full Version : Creating photo album in PPT 2007, including IPTC datas from Excel

jeff1494
08-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Hello all;
My problem is the following:
I have a folder containing some pictures, and an Excel file containing some IPTC datas (in French and English) for the pictures, and I would like to create a presentation as follow:

One image per slide, and having both IPTC datas (Fr and En) as text zones on the slide (One text zone for the French description, and an other one for the English description). I would like to use a presentation template so all the slides look the same.

The way to link the image and the IPTC datas in Excel will be to use the picture name.

The structure of the excel file is :
Column A the file name such as "pict001.jpg"
Column B The french text
Column C The english text.

As I have a lot of pictures I would like to know if you think that it will be possible to use VBA to do so, and if Yes, is there anyone that can help me to do it?

I know a bit of VBA on Excel but nothing at all about VBA on Powerpoint.
For you to know, I am using MS Office 2007.

Please excuse my bad English, as I am French.
Thanks in advance for your help.

John Wilson
08-21-2010, 06:12 AM
It can definitely be done but not easily. If you just want as one off I would write the code in Excel. Create an instance of PowerPoint and open the template file then add each entry to the three placeholders adding extra slides as you go.

I'm not usually into selling on this site but we do have a PPT addin which will import image and text data from a csv file which of course you could easily make from your Excel file. It's not free but there ius a money back no quibble guarantee if it doesn't do what you need.
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Simple_merge.html

jeff1494
08-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Hello John;
Sorry for my late answer, but I was far from home.
I will have a look at what you propose, and see if I take it.
In any case thank you for your answer.
Have a nice day.