PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Simple Hyperlink Question

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
If I have a link in an excel sheet to www.yahoo.com (http://www.yahoo.com) (so cell A1 in excel SHEET1 reads 'www.yahoo.com '). And in Sheet2 of the same file is linked to cell A1 of SHEET1 (so cell A1 in SHEET2 reads
"=HYPERLINK(Sheet1!$A$3)").

I don't want to show the link in SHEET2, but rather show an icon or something cool that looks attractive and presentable.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
In a nutshell, if I have a cell that reads "=HYPERLINK(Sheet1!$A$3)" and don't want it to show what it's linked to, but rather I want to show a cool icon or a word, and to keep the hyperlink, how do I do that?

Ken Puls
05-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi Shaolin,

The only thing I can think of is to add some clip art image and assign a hyperlink to that. The issue is that it won't read the hyperlink from Sheet1!$A$3 though, but will rather just take you to that cell. If you could put the real hyperlink directly in the image it would work, but I don't think that's what you want to do, is it?

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe create the same thing, but make a BeforeFollowHyperlink event (I think that's what it was) to evaluate the target and follow it's contents instead of activating the cell. Just thinking out loud here, but it may work... :dunno

Regouin
05-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Link via a word is easy, just insert the word, select the cell and choose insert => hyperlink and you can hyperlink everything you want.

Shaolin
05-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi Shaolin,

The only thing I can think of is to add some clip art image and assign a hyperlink to that. The issue is that it won't read the hyperlink from Sheet1!$A$3 though, but will rather just take you to that cell. If you could put the real hyperlink directly in the image it would work, but I don't think that's what you want to do, is it?

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe create the same thing, but make a BeforeFollowHyperlink event (I think that's what it was) to evaluate the target and follow it's contents instead of activating the cell. Just thinking out loud here, but it may work... :dunno
Thanks a bunch. I will try it. Question: How do I use BeforeFollowHyperlink?