PDA

View Full Version : Excel VBA Help

Magoo360
08-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi, I am new to VBA and have been working on this userform for a number of days. I am very new to VBA and how I got this far is taking examples from the internet and adapting them to what I need. But now I am getting a
"Run Time Error 13" Type Mismatch Error that I cannot figure out what is wrong, please help me out: Here is the code the highlighted line is what the debugger points to:

The error happens and soon as I select the value in the combo box and move to the next text box.

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated. If you need any further explanation please dont hesitiate to ask. Thanks.

Dim NotNow As Boolean

Private Sub btnExit_Click()
'Unload the userform
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub btnSearch_Click()
NotNow = True

n = Application.Match(Me.cboEstNo.Value, Range("A:A"), 0)

Cells(n, 2).Value = Me.txtDescrip.Text
Cells(n, 12).Value = Me.cboStatus.Value
Cells(n, 16).Value = Me.txtBidAmt.Text
Cells(n, 15).Value = Me.txtSuccess.Text
Cells(n, 20).Value = Me.txtComp.Text

NotNow = False

End Sub

Private Sub cboEstNo_Change()
If NotNow Then Exit Sub
'vrange = "A1:Y" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(x1up).Row

vrange = "EditData"

txtDescrip.Text = Application.VLookup(cboEstNo.Value, Sheets("BidData").Range(vrange), 2, False)

cboStatus.Value = Application.VLookup(cboEstNo.Value, Sheets("BidData").Range(vrange), 12, False)
txtBidAmt.Text = Application.VLookup(cboEstNo.Value, Sheets("BidData").Range(vrange), 16, False)
txtSuccess.Text = Application.VLookup(cboEstNo.Value, Sheets("BidData").Range(vrange), 15, False)
txtComp.Text = Application.VLookup(cboEstNo.Value, Sheets("BidData").Range(vrange), 20, False)

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
'UserForm2.Combox1.RowSource ="A2"Y" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(x1up).Row
frmSearch.cboEstNo.RowSource = "EditData"
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Click()

End Sub

Kenneth Hobs
08-23-2010, 10:33 AM
My guess is that the value was not found. The best way to test is to insert the values in a formula to see what happens when the value is not found. Use an "On Error" routine to handle that scenario or change your lookup parameters.