PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Exit and Exit Full Screen

Andybuck86
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi,

My third post after two very successful posts yesterday!

I have a button in a spreadsheet that when pressed, will exit the spreadsheet without saving.

Sub CloseNoSave()
'Close the workbook without saving it
ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
End Sub

I have a VBA that will put excel in full screen mode (hide all of the toolbars) when entering the spreadsheet.

What do I need to do to my code to enable full screen again before exiting?

Many thanks for any help

Andy

Ken Puls
08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
application.displayfullscreen = false

But I would have expected that to be triggered by the BeforeClose event from here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33737

Andybuck86
08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
application.displayfullscreen = false

But I would have expected that to be triggered by the BeforeClose event from here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33737

Hi Ken,

Yes, sorry - my earlier post related to the standard exit button which now, thanks to you works perfectly! :bow:

Now I have created an exit button which will close the document without saving when pressed. However, like my last post I now need to include the code to restore the toolbar.

To put it another way - currently when I exit through the red X at the top right the toolbar restores before closing the worksheet. But when I press my new button the worksheet closes but the toolbars are not restored.

I did try the code you have just suggested but not sure where to put it in my existing code?

Sub CloseNoSave()
End Sub

Thanks yet again Ken

Andy

Andybuck86
08-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi Ken,

Yes, sorry - my earlier post related to the standard exit button which now, thanks to you works perfectly! :bow:

Now I have created an exit button which will close the document without saving when pressed. However, like my last post I now need to include the code to restore the toolbar.

To put it another way - currently when I exit through the red X at the top right the toolbar restores before closing the worksheet. But when I press my new button the worksheet closes but the toolbars are not restored.

I did try the code you have just suggested but not sure where to put it in my existing code?

Sub CloseNoSave()
End Sub

Thanks yet again Ken

Andy

Your code worked a treat - can't thank you enough