PDA

View Full Version : IFS, ORS, ANDS???

dandedo2
08-27-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm having a big problem with ifs ors and ands and trying to get my sheet to work.

trying to get a running pnl that resets if a certain event occurs.

I've included a sheet to make it lear what I'm trying to do so it makes more sense.

rbrhodes
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi

I believe a little more explanation is in order here. Simple for you, clear as mud to anyone else.

Aussiebear
08-29-2010, 09:30 PM
From your setout, nothing really makes that much sense.

Qualification 1. If the value in Column A is greater than Column B Then Buy.
Simple enough but how do you know if you have bought or not? How does this get indicated? There's nothing in the worksheet to indicate if this is yet to occur or in fact if this is a past event. It is indicated"buys in on the first day" so are you looking for a date value to indicate when Value A became greater than Value B?

Qualification 2. If "PNL" value is greater than the "Take Profit" value, move position to Zero. How is the PNL value determined? Its obviously not the difference in Value A to Value B, (despite this being true for row 3, the rest are simply not even close). How was the initial position determined?

Please revise your workbook, in particular the data and its layout, then post a before and after worksheets so we can more easily see the methodology in your approach.

parttime_guy
09-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Dandedo & All,

I have tried to solve the solution - Kindly review & I Hope the attached file helps.

Best regards

Aussiebear
09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I can't follow the logic in this formula, would you kindly indicate what you wanted to do here.

For Loss/Gain you have =If(A4-B4<$G$1,A4-B4,A4-B4)

parttime_guy
09-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Dear Aussiebear,

Sorry for the confussion - I forgot to change the formula, the amended file is below.

Best regards