PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is there a way to retrieve the product key.

Regouin
05-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I am looking to install office 2003 (small business edition) on this machine, only problem is that someone misplaced the accompanying product key, now I can access a office 2003 installation on a different machine but i cant find out where it stores the product key information. I just need to know where I can retrieve this key, I have been browsing through the registry but cant seem to find anything anywhere, basically just a product-id in the about window and this can also be retrieved through the registry.
Now to get this clear, I am not looking to crack anything, I have the original disks and just need to retrieve the code from a different installation on a different machine.if anyone knows where office stores this information and how I can retrieve it.

Frank

Bob Phillips
05-26-2005, 02:34 AM
I am looking to install office 2003 (small business edition) on this machine, only problem is that someone misplaced the accompanying product key, now I can access a office 2003 installation on a different machine but i cant find out where it stores the product key information. I just need to know where I can retrieve this key, I have been browsing through the registry but cant seem to find anything anywhere, basically just a product-id in the about window and this can also be retrieved through the registry.
Now to get this clear, I am not looking to crack anything, I have the original disks and just need to retrieve the code from a different installation on a different machine.if anyone knows where office stores this information and how I can retrieve it.

Frank,

Does your licence allow you to install it on multiple machines?

Anyway, a wonderful utility http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

Regouin
05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
k i needed to get an updated version of keyfinder to be able to get the key for office 2003 but it worked and I retrieved the key, now i am about to find out if we have a multiple user license, my guess is yes (since it is installed on multiple pcs) but you never know.