PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Error accessing file.

skaseman
05-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Can you help? message reads: Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.

I made a duplicate form so that I could "practice" adding a date/time picker. After I got the code to work, I deleted this form. The form still appears in the project directory. I can't remove it by right clicking.

I repaired the database under utilities, but nothing has changed. I cannot modify my code in this Access database, not on the form, not in a module. Any suggestions, or do I have to make a new database?

xCav8r
05-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Did you restart the computer? Can you share a little bit more about the database? Sounds like the data is split from the front end from your error message.

skaseman
05-27-2005, 05:37 AM
I have restarted my computer, several times. What I think happened was that when I duplicated a form, the VBA information was duplicated also. Then, when I deleted that same form, I deleted it in the main form screen. The actual Form created, was removed from the database, but the code in VBA remained. There seemed to be know way to remove the form in VBA. I found a similar faq on another website where they said to decompress the file. I did that, but the problem still remained. Then, I just made a duplicate database by exporting my tables and only the forms that I needed. Making this new ACCESS database solved the problem. Luckily, it transferred the relationships as well.

There was much celebration and rejoicing when that error message went away. Thanks for helping!

Norie
05-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Sounds to me that somehow your original database got corrupted somehow or there was a network problem.

By the way as far as I know if you remove a form any VBA in it's module would be removed as well.

Also you can remove/add forms using VBA.

xCav8r
05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
So this is solved then? :)

skaseman
06-01-2005, 05:32 AM
Not that I'm from the Midwest or anything, but "You betcha!" Am I supposed to do something special when a request is solved? -- just call me newbie to this sort of process!

xCav8r
06-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Yeah, there's a link at the top of this page called "Thread Tools" where you should see an option pop up for this issue being solved. Unfortunately, there is no distinction between solved with help from others and solved by self. ;)