PDA

View Full Version : Unique items and renaming of sheet issues

vidya lakshm
09-02-2010, 04:42 AM
PFA the sheet which has a partial VBA code written
I have a button in sheet4. On the click of button, sheet1 would get filled with the contents
I would need your help/clarifications regarding the following queries w.r.t Excel VBA
Q1 ) How do I identify the unique values in a column – to be specific of column C?
I want to rename a sheet(Sheet1) based on this unique column value. How do i go about it?

Q2)How do I dynamically merge cells based on the number of cells that have value after column F in sheet 4 ?
i.e. merge D3-G3 in Sheet1
L3-N3 in Sheet1 and so on
I need to mention the method name in sheet4 as the column value for merged cell in sheet1.
Hoping for a favorable reply at the earliest. Thanking you in anticipation.

austenr
09-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Well, first things first. Welcome to the board. Now for some things you shoukld know.

Putting things like Urgent in the title of your post tends to make people not want to respond. As this is free help, we dont get paid to assist, but do so on our own free time and because we like to share our knowledge as we want to help others.

As for your message, font tags puts people off as well. If you don't show an effort to make your question clear, that would not make people want to answer have to "read between the lines" as you have done above.

These are just guidelines for you in order for you to get the best help possible and for people to want to help you should you post another question.

Just a gentle reminder. Good luck.

Bob Phillips
09-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Q1)

Worksheets("Sheet1").Name = Range("C2").Value

Q2)

I don't see how the code would know it is D3:G, and L3:N3. Thus it can't determine what to merge.

I do not understand this sentence ...I need to mention the method name in sheet4 as the column value for merged cell in sheet1.