PDA

View Full Version : remove text from an unmerged cell

austenr
09-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I had cells that were merged and then un merged them. At the time of un merging the cells had text in them. So, I centered the text in the two un merged cells using center across selection. So now when I put my cursor in the far left cell it shows the text, making me think that is the cell the text is in.

I have a routine that selects the cell I think the text is in and is supposed to delete it but it doesnt delete the text. So what cell is the text really in if it is centered across selection in two adjacent cells?

GTO
09-10-2010, 02:58 PM
...So now when I put my cursor in the far left cell it shows the text, making me think that is the cell the text is in.

I have a routine that selects the cell I think the text is in and is supposed to delete it but it doesnt delete the text. So what cell is the text really in if it is centered across selection in two adjacent cells?

Hi Austen,

Presuming you mean that with the left cell selected, the value shows up in the formula bar, then yes, that's the cell that the value is stored in.

I would suspect that the wrong cell(s) are being selected.

Mark

austenr
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks Mark but I double checked the cell selected.

GTO
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Okay, might it be possible that the wrong sheet is being referred to?

If this is from the workbook at post #9 of http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33972 could you point out the sub/function and what sheet it should be working against?