PDA

View Full Version : Events planner

Benji84
09-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Hi,

I'm very new to VBA. I have used VBA to create a userform in word, but not familiar with excel.

I need to create a database/form for booking attendees onto events. Here are the requirements:

When an attendee is booked and confirmed for an event - it will add to the number of events attended i.e. +1 to field within the spreadsheet

Create a series of combo boxes in a userform which will autofilter results when choosing a delegate.

A separate userform to make the event booking (e.g. event name, event date, etc)

Can this be done easily with excel or is it better to use access??

Thanks

Ben

Bob Phillips
09-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Nope Excel is perfect.

Post some example data.

Benji84
09-20-2010, 01:28 AM
OK so along the top row I have the following headings:

Surname, First name, Type, Background, Committee and Number of events attended.

So what I need is a userform that will use combo boxes to autofilter all fields by the criteria above. Once a member is selected there is then a second userform that can enable the booking (in another sheet) that has the following headings

Name, Surname, Name of event attended, Date of event.

This is where the tricky bit comes in. Can I have a button that says confirm booking which will transfer the data from the second useform to sheet 2 and will add 1 to 'Number of events' field when delegates confirmed in sheet 1???

Thanks

Ben

Bob Phillips
09-20-2010, 03:30 AM
I suggested posting a workbook. We generally don't have the time or inclination to create test data to match your situation.

GTO
09-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Nope Excel is perfect...

LOL :rolleyes:

Benji84
09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
OK, here is the sample file and here is how I would like it to work (if possible)

With Userform1 I want to be able to search/filter the data from sheet 1. The purpose of this userform is to select a member by the top 4 criteria (committee, type, field, number of events attended), and then pick a name from there. On this basis the remaining text fields in form will be populated accordingly.

When the see results button is pressed, this will switch back to spreadsheet view - which I plan to add a toolbar button for them to return to form.

Should they press make a booking - this will launch userform2.

This will take the name from the person selected from userform1 which is mirrored in Sheet1 and 2. The user will then select the event type and name and date, all of which will be submitted to sheet 2 when they press confirm booking. Also when confirm booking is pressed it will add 1 to the relevant row under column H in Sheet 1.

If you could offer any advice on how I could go about this or whether it is possible I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Ben