PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Defined Name Errors...Please Interpret

Cyberdude
05-28-2005, 12:13 PM
I've been having problems with one of my workbooks, so (among other things) I wrote a macro that lists all the Defined Names that have errors (#REF). Note that I had already scanned each Defined Name visually looking for errors, and found none. My macro showed the following two errors ("Main" is the sheet name):

Main!_FilterDataBase = Main!#REF
Main!Z_A3877EF3_E50C_11D2_...4C6E_.wvu.FilterData =Main!#REF
How in the world did these two become Defined Names?? Since they aren't in my official Defined Name drop down list, I have no idea how to delete them. I have not consciously done anything with filters, which puzzles me even more. Any ideas?

Bob Phillips
05-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I've been having problems with one of my workbooks, so (among other things) I wrote a macro that lists all the Defined Names that have errors (#REF). Note that I had already scanned each Defined Name visually looking for errors, and found none. My macro showed the following two errors ("Main" is the sheet name):

How in the world did these two become Defined Names?? Since they aren't in my official Defined Name drop down list, I have no idea how to delete them. I have not consciously done anything with filters, which puzzles me even more. Any ideas?

Excel can create a number of names itself, what you are seeing are two of them.

Bob Phillips
05-28-2005, 12:44 PM

Excel can create a number of names itself, what you are seeing are two of them.

Here is how you can identify them

Dim nme As Name
For Each nme In ActiveWorkbook.Names
If nme.Name Like "*_FilterDatabase" Or _
nme.Name Like "*Print_Area" Or _
nme.Name Like "*Print_Titles" Or _
nme.Name Like "*.wvu.*" Or _
nme.Name Like "*wrn.*" Or _
nme.Name Like "*!Criteria" Then
Debug.Print nme.Name
End If
Next nme