PDA

View Full Version : Variables in word documents and Dragon Naturally speaking

Blinker920
09-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi,

I am a radiologist, using Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition (DNS-professional version 9.5) for creation of reports.

I have several word templates with several variables from which, I want to select one, discard the others and continue with dictation till done. I use MS Word 2003. The program indicates that if, I 'reference' a VBA macro to DNS, I can control the document with DNS to create report. I am attaching a template. I am a total newbie and do not know any VBA coding. If somebody can create a code, it will be extremely helpful. I thank the community in advance.

Blinker920

fumei
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
"The program indicates that if, I 'reference' a VBA macro to DNS, I can control the document with DNS to create report. "

What program indicates this...and where or how does it indicate this?

However, what it probably means is that if you have a reference to the DNS library (most likely a DLL file), then VBA can use the native objects of DNS.

To add a reference, in the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) go Tools > References...

Scroll down (and down and down) and look for something that seems to be a Dragon kind of name.

IF it is the correct reference, and you check it, then all DNS objects exposed to VBA will be available to your code. If you have IntelliSense turned on (the Require Variable declarstion box is checked under Tools > Options), then VBA should show possible objects and methods automatically, or with a Shift-Spacebar.

And, perhaps more importantly, there will probably be a Help file with the DNS library.

First find the Reference, then if you need more assistance, post back.