PDA

View Full Version : append specific cell values from multiple identical sheet in a single excel file

royanimesh
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
i have 50 odd single sheet workbook in the folder c:\sample. need not to mention that the file names are different but the sheet name for all files is GRADE. all the sheets were created with the code that was discussed in the thread 34006 (i am not able to post links).

so it is evident that all sheets have identical look, format, page setup etc, but the values are different (all the sheets are protected too).

can i make a new excel file and/or text file which will append the values of d4, d5, d6, d7, d16, d17 and more (if necessary) from all the files in c:\folder with, if possible, format of the cells with a code. [using concatenate in excel 2003 has limitation, date formats are troubling me]

thanks in advance

regards

royanimesh
09-24-2010, 10:14 AM
:banghead:
is not anybody there who can solve. i need it, please.

GTO
09-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi there,

Leastwise in my opinion, this is not clear:

can i make a new excel file and/or text file which will append the values of d4, d5, d6, d7, d16, d17 and more (if necessary) from all the files in c:\folder with, if possible, format of the cells with a code. [using concatenate in excel 2003 has limitation, date formats are troubling me]

Could you zip tow of the "before/single-sheet" wb's and an "after" wb? It seems like it would make it clearer.

Mark