PDA

View Full Version : Excel Database

Maikel
09-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey all,

Is there anyone who can give me some advice in regard to creating an excel database, without usage of access. I'd like to use 2 excel files for this. One which contains all data and the other who functions as an input form.

I haven't been able to find any information on the web regarding this. Because they're almost all related to creating a link between Excel and Access.

If anyone knows some link(s) i might have missed or can give some information regarding how to set it up that would be greatly appreciated.

Especially because i think excel has some database functions without having to manually make the code to for example store some fields in an external file without having to check it's size , if it's already in the database (data checker) and adding the fields based on field / header names instead of cell ranges.

Kenneth Hobs
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
See http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge_without_word/

ndendrinos
09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Can you post a sample of your input sheet (form) ?

Maikel
09-27-2010, 12:18 AM

Thank for your offering of help. See enclosed a sample file
(data removed because of sensitivity of data)

info:

- TNT Form is an input field
which can store data in an external file. I don't know how to do it yet so the database is at the moment still in the same file but shouldn't stay that way. Same as regard to not being able to store the same data twice.
- The Master Form tab should function as a search engine. But now i only managed to use it to extract 1 occurence from the database instead of multiple occassions (in a list or some form)
- DataTemp is the temporary database file.

To test the current file entering data in the first tab and using the macro's will do.