PDA

View Full Version : Hi

nasomi
09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi, I'm Justin. I've been coding vba for 5 years, I learned by recording, and becoming familiar with the terms. My goal in what I write is efficiency. As few lines possible, 100% linear, no sub-routines, no indenting, and no commenting. It's clean and I can read it as though it were a book. I guess that's about it.

Simon Lloyd
09-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi and welcome, i pretty much agree with your ethos however, in the spirit of help forums both commenting and indenting help the not so skilled in VBA understand how the code works and is sectioned.

Here (and at one other forum :)) the indenting is taken care of for you automatically when you use the VBA tags (green outlined VBA button)

Bob Phillips
10-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Hi, I'm Justin. I've been coding vba for 5 years, I learned by recording, and becoming familiar with the terms. My goal in what I write is efficiency. As few lines possible, 100% linear, no sub-routines, no indenting, and no commenting. It's clean and I can read it as though it were a book. I guess that's about it.

Really? No subroutines, no indenting. Must remember not to read any of your code!

Loyalle
12-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi
Loyalle here.I am newbie and i hope i will enjoy here while visiting this forum.:hi:

martincrow
03-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I am also a newbie, and want to learn about the VBA coding, i don't know anything about this, hope after participating in this forum i will gain a lots of knowledge about the VBA coding.