PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Defaults

Hedghog07
09-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Hello

Does anyone know where the Calendar File MSProject uses resides on the local computer? We want to manually edit what it considers 'default' under 'Standard'. Reasoned thusly:

Because of the calculation restrictions that a base calendar places on a resource/task, my VBA takes a staff absences/holidays report that gets run and comes up with a list of days and half days that a certain staff member is taking off. We then create Base Calendars for the 1400 staff's names, and then based on the matching value in both the Resource Sheet and in the Holiday export, fuses it all together. So you wind up with each Resource employing its own Base Calendar.

The all works, but has a problem - in order to stop the whole process taking over an hour, we make it compare what is new and what has been removed from the two most recent exports. But if the holiday to be removed goes over a Bank Holiday that we've put into the template-Base Calendar that every person's calendar is built from, then the action of 'Set these days back to default' turns the Bank Holiday back to a standard day.

I can find no way around this, unless I can get into the 'Standard' Calendar, and manually change the dates prgrammatically.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

H