PDA

View Full Version : Accessing local SQL server from Access Shortcut

Peek
09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi there,

I have two Access shortcuts on my desktop. One for live database, which is on the remote SQL server, and the other for the local SQL Server database, which is on the same machine.

Currently they both connect to live remote SQL Server database. I am trying to connect to local SQL Server database, which is on the same machine as the Microsoft Access is, from Access shortcut. Someone has showed me once by changing path in Access shortcut Properties, but can't remember. When I open Properties I only have 'Target' and 'Start In' fields. One for the actual .mdb Access file and the 'Start In' field for the folder where the file is.

The changes in registry has been already done. I think it just needs to be changed in Properties. Also, I was told that if I change for one it will change for the second shortcut too. That's why I am having a problem to switch everytime i want the change.

Thank you in advance

HiTechCoach
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
If you want to have two desktop shorcuts then one option would be to have two copies of the Access front end. Each front end will have the linked tables going to a differernt SQL Server.

HiTechCoach
09-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Now I know why you have not responded.

See this thread: Other Forum (http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Accessing-local-SQL-serve-t1953546.html)