PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Understanding Collections

pcsparky
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm relatively inexperienced in VBA but have learnt plenty to be going on with. I'm wanting now to learn about Collections but am having trouble finding any suitable tutorials on the web. Does anyone know of any such website please?

Bob Phillips
10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
What's there to understand. A collection is just ... a collection. It holds a key and an item, so you just load a collection and iterate through the collection members.

The Excel object model has many collections, workbooks, worksheets, and so on, and you can iterate these as well.

pcsparky
10-04-2010, 10:26 AM
This is what you just said to me:
Wat het er om te begrijpen. Een verzameling is net ... een verzameling. Zij bezit een sleutel en een punt, dus u alleen lading een verzameling en plaats via de ophaling leden.
Wat het er om te begrijpen. Een verzameling is net ... een verzameling. Zij bezit een sleutel en een punt, dus u alleen lading een verzameling en plaats via de ophaling leden.

It's in Dutch and I typed it twice so it's double Dutch. :doh:

I'm sorry that I don't know much about VBA, certainly compared to experts. I was just looking for some simple examples on the net to help me understand how to use collections the same way you can find loads of simple examples of how to use arrays.

Bob Phillips
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Okay, so you tell me why you want to know about collections. You know nothing about them, so why do you think that you need them.

Paul_Hossler
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Try

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27956&highlight=collection

There's some background information and an example or 2

Paul