PDA

View Full Version : Help with simple cursor/screen reposition for data entry

macro_man
10-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I would like a macro that will shift a section of data along with the cursor to the top of the screen.

I have many spreadsheets where I scroll down lists or enter numbers. When the cursor reaches the bottom I like to reposition the range so that the cursor is at the top of the screen with the data shifted upward as well. This way I can see ahead in the list and anticipate the length, style, etc. of the list. Currently, I must use the down-arrow until the data is moved upward, then use the up-arrow until the cursor is returned to the next empty cell in the list.

Is there a macro that can accomplish this?

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Bob Phillips
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
maybe just go right to the bottom and then back up

Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).Select
Application.Goto Selection.End(xlUp)

macro_man
10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
maybe just go right to the bottom and then back up

Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).Select
Application.Goto Selection.End(xlUp)

Thanks but that is what I had been using and is not exactly what I'm needing.

Here's another example: I have a database of part numbers in column A with respective part number desciption in column B and inventory category code in column C. Not all cells have data available. The database extends to row 2500 in this case. I know there are fields needing column C input so I put the cursor in cell C1 and end-down to find the first blank cell. The cursor now appears (for examples sake) in Cell 1500 but is at the bottom of the screen. There is more data below but I would like the display shifted upward so that the cursor is at the top of the screen, but not at the very bottom of the data.

Thanks for any assistance you may provide. A bit tough to describe.