PDA

View Full Version : Another noobie

davmec93
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I thought I'd introduce myself and be as vague about it as possible. I'm Dave and I'm a constant student when it comes to VBA. I have found it to be totally addicting and having code to make something happen is really good enought....I have to understand why it works. Hopefully I'll be well received here. I've read through some posts and found some conversations pretty interesting...:cool:

Aussiebear
10-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Well Dave, welcome to VBAX. I'm confident that you'll meet some very clever people as you get around the forums.

Bob Phillips
10-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Pretty interesting? I have been here 5 and a bit years, and I find at least one a day more than interesting.

It's the best VBA site for Excel, bar none.

Aussiebear
10-06-2010, 04:03 AM
That be one of the good guys Dave.... unlike me of course.

Simon Lloyd
10-06-2010, 04:28 AM
Pretty interesting? I have been here 5 and a bit years, and I find at least one a day more than interesting.

It's the best VBA site for Excel, bar none.Dave - beware of this one!, discussions can get more than interesting :) but whatever you do when having discussion with xld, don't take offense ;) and he's usually right!!!

davmec93
10-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Dave - beware of this one!, discussions can get more than interesting :) but whatever you do when having discussion with xld, don't take offense ;) and he's usually right!!!

Ya, I caught that right away from reading some of the responces he was involved in :rotlaugh:

I've got thick skin so I think I'll be ok but thank you for the warning :friends:

davmec93
10-06-2010, 06:29 AM

It's the best VBA site for Excel, bar none.

Ya, pretty interesting. I've been browsing thru some posts yesterday and this morning and have already realized that I'll be able to learn alot. I am also hoping that I'll be able to share some of my limited knowledge with others too.

Bob Phillips
10-06-2010, 10:45 AM
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

You would be three-quarters dead!

davmec93
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
You would be three-quarters dead!

Now that is the correct answer! :thumb

Aussiebear
10-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Well I'll be blowed..... He didn't write that as a function.

davmec93
10-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Well I'll be blowed..... He didn't write that as a function.

Now thats funny:rotlaugh:

I think I'm going to like it here!

Simon Lloyd
10-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Well I'll be blowed..... He didn't write that as a function.Yep, i know but i'll bet he used SUMPRODUCT :yes

Davmec93, when you get to know xld he can make sumproduct do almost anything except make tea and buy a round!

Aussiebear
10-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Yep, i know but i'll bet he used SUMPRODUCT :yes

Davmec93, when you get to know xld he can make sumproduct do almost anything except make tea and buy a round!

Please don't tempt him....

Bob Phillips
10-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Yep, i know but i'll bet he used SUMPRODUCT :yes

After giving you a SUMPRODUCT solution, I expect you to buy the round!

Simon Lloyd
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
After giving you a SUMPRODUCT solution, I expect you tobuy the round!I believe you are right (didn't i mention you're always right?) :bow:

So the next conference i can make (or host :)) i'll be pleased to help you on your way to a few damaged brain cells (we'll see how unclever i can make you!).

Bob Phillips
10-08-2010, 07:49 AM
I believe you are right (didn't i mention you're always right?) :bow:

So the next conference i can make (or host :)) i'll be pleased to help you on your way to a few damaged brain cells (we'll see how unclever i can make you!).

My philosophy is that the number of beers I can get in before I go is not going to do me as much harm as the ones I have already had, so no worries!