PDA

View Full Version : vba to automatically change the selection in dropdown list

rav4u_tom
10-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Hello All,

I have developed a spreadsheet in which all the values displayed would depend on the selection in dropdown list i.e. if i change the selection in the dropdown list, all the values in the sheet would be displayed according to the selection.

The problem is that, instead of i doing the selection manually, i want a vba code thru which the selection in dropdown list changes automatically i.e. in a incremental manner i.e. in a loop.

thanks a lot in advance

lehgzil
10-13-2010, 01:44 AM
hi rav

if its comboboxes on a worksheet that you mean on a drop down list,
visit this thread, i had a problem like that once...

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34122
titled

Solved: comboboxes on a worksheet

hope this helps.

rav4u_tom
10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Hello lehgzil,

Aprreciate for the link. The example given in the link involves two combo boxes. Here I am using a drop downlist. The entrie data in the sheet depends on the selection in drop down. So after a selection, i need to copy the data displayed in a specific document and select another one in the drop down list and then copy again the displayed content and this process goes on.

So for this process, i have completed the later part of the process i.e. copy and save. Can you please tell me how to automate the selection in the drop down list.

lehgzil
10-13-2010, 02:28 AM
hi rav,
thanks for viewing the thread,
sorry if i cant help you with this now, i still dont know how to code something like that...
but considering the logic...

is it like this
youre dropdown list values is like a masterlist of documents...
1. have youre list -file addresses on a range
2. i use something like a case statement for the selection of the range.
3. have a command button to copy/paste the selected range.

thanks.