PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Drop Down Window

chem101
10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have a workbook that I setup for use in my office for pricing our products. On one of the worksheets I setup a table with customer information, name address etc. On the data entry worksheet the user can access this customer list via a drop down window. The problem I'm having is with the drop down list. When you click the drop down arrow on the data entry worksheet, the drop down window appears to be empty.
The drop down window appears blank because it's showing the line after the last line of data in the table. The bottom of the customer list is just on click up on the drop down window. Is there a way to get this drop down window to show the top of the list instead of the bottom?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Bob Phillips
10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
That is because the list that your dropdown is pointing at has some blanks at the end. You have to get a list with no blanks.

chem101
10-14-2010, 12:17 PM
I selected a list area in data validation larger than the data area in the table because users will be adding customers. How would you recommend I handle this scenario?

Thank you!

Bob Phillips
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Use a dynamic range, something like

=OFFSET($M$1,,,COUNTA($M:$M)-1,1)

the -1 applies if the list has a header that you wish to ignore, otherwise don't subtract 1.

chem101
10-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Thank you for your help!!

chem101
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Thank you very much for your assisstance!!