PDA

View Full Version : Workbooks("").checkin

purpleflower
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello all,

Just have a question, can I use Workbooks("").checkin on some other file formats?? for example, zip or jpg format?
Or is there anyway I can use this without opening the file within excel?

Thank you in advance!

macropod
10-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi purpleflower.

You can only use the workbooks collection on files that are workbooks. zip and jpg files are not workbooks (though zip files may contain them). Perhaps if you could explain what you're trying to achieve we could give some pointers.

purpleflower
10-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I am creating an excel tool to perform certain jobs which relates to a SharePoint site. I am trying to use the .checkin method to check in files on the sharepoint site. Within that SharePoint site, there are many different file formats. I can check them out without problem using excel, but can't check them in because .checkin is within workbook collection. any suggestions?

macropod
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi purpleflower.

I too would suppose that, if you can check non-Excel files out from a Sharepoint server using the Workbooks.CheckOut method, you should be able to check them back in again using the Workbook.CheckIn method. Allowing passage one way but not the other does seem inconsistent. I haven't tried checking files in/out, since I don't use Sharepoint.