PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Transfer to a Different Macro When Stepping Thru Execution

Cyberdude
06-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I had this annoyance in my last version of the VBE, and it's happening in my current version (Office 11). I'll be stepping thru (PF8ing) the execution of a macro, when at some point it will suddenly switch to the beginning of a totally unrelated macro. I haven't pinned down the characteristics of the point at which it switches, but it's VERY repeatable. I can put a stop point farther down in the code, and it will execute OK until it gets to the stop point, but when I step it manually, it will always swtich to some other macro. I might add that it doesn't happen often, but it DOES happen, and is quite a surprise when it does happen.
Am I the only one who has seen this, or is it a known problem with the editor? :motz2:

xCav8r
06-01-2005, 07:06 PM
At first blush it sounds like a sub or function is being called, but that would assume you don't know what you're doing, which I doubt is the case. Can you provide a repeatable example?

Cyberdude
06-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I didn't come prepared. I'm usually in such a hurry, that when it happens, I just find a workaround, rather take the time to investigate it. I was hoping that this was a known bug that others would recognize. But you're right, I'll have to spend some time with it the next time it occurs.