PDA

View Full Version : Damage a specific access database 2007

freehope
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
HI All

I want to A vba code that Works on access data base to disrupt and damage my access data base 2007" which contians of 6 tables with its forms" after a certain period of time for example a week ,so no one can use it again

I am waiting your response eagerly asap

Thanks,

Junior Developer

Alaa AbdelWahed

Charlize
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Not bulletproof but you could add a key to the register with a starting date. Compare that value with current date and don't allow to add anything anymore (Kill the file would be a bit to far. Give them a chance to backup there data.).

Charlize

Imdabaum
10-20-2010, 06:50 AM
I think killing the file is the only sure way. As a registry could be edited if they ever discovered the start/end times values.

And any AutoExec macros/codes can be bypassed unless you've turned the bypass off and ensured there is no way to turn it back on. If you turn the bypass off. Just have a table that has your end date and have your autoexec macro query the table. If the tbl.enddate <Date() then Application.Quit
Just a thought.
If you can't ensure the bypass is off, they can just continue changing the date in the table though... so.. not sure if that is much help.

freehope
10-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi
There are no clear answer yet and the steps still not clearly too
wait any approperate solution for my problem

Thanks,
Alaa