PDA

View Full Version : toggle borders quick access ribbon excel 2010

grichey
10-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Hello,
Not a vba question, just a 2010 excel question. On excel 07 I had right and top borders in the quick access bar. If I pressed alt 1 (top) it would add the border or take it away if it was already there. On the 2010 excel, I've added the buttons but it only adds them and won't toggle them off.

Suggestions??

Thanks!

Bob Phillips
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Alt-1 doesn't toggle the border on 2007 for me. Did you do anything to make that so?

grichey
10-20-2010, 08:45 AM
I just did the customize toolbar and removed the default buttons which i think were undo redo and save then did the drop down for 'All Commands' and added top border and right border. If I then selected a cell that had a top border for instance, the top border button on the quick access toolbar would be a gold color. If I pressed alt+1 it would turn grey and the border on the cell would be removed and vice versa, if the cell had no border, the button was the normal (grey) color and would turn the gold-ish color after either pressing alt+1 or clicking the quick access button with a mouse. On 2010 it doesn't do the gold thing when a cell already has said border or let me remove it.