PDA

View Full Version : saving printer setup

DBinPhilly
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Version: Access 2007
Problem: I have a report that I wish to output as a pdf. I have several pdf printer programs that I use for various purposes.

I have created a report that is an exact duplicate of the standard printed report, but wish to send the output to a pdf form. I go through the page setup section and select a specific printer (which is one of the pdf writers).

I save the report but when I re-open it or try to execute it, the printer setup has not been saved.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ps. I've been printing to specific printers since Access 95, and this is the first time it hasn't worked.

HiTechCoach
10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Have you tried using the built-in ability to create a PDF?

I set the application printer with VBA code to the desired printer before opening the report.

DBinPhilly
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
In this case I want to create a PDF and email it in one step. Certain pdf writers make that pretty easy by having an email button on the report display. Other pdf writers allow one to copy the pdf to a particular location and then add it to the email as an attachment (untouched by human hands).

Can you do either of those things with the internal PDF writer? I haven't used it yet.

HiTechCoach
10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I see. I have used the PrimoPDF for sending reports to PDF and emailing. It is very easy without any VBA code required.

Are you setting the report's default printer to the PDF printer?

I have create several databses that will generate a PDF and then email it all form withouit Acess using SMTP avoiding any ERmail client.