PDA

View Full Version : Task list

kumaramitouj
10-21-2010, 04:32 AM
:banghead: Hi,

I have the following sheet where i am stuck, thru one of the code i found on this forum i a was able to reach 30% of the desired solution.I would be really greatful if any one can help me on this. I have prpeared a task list for my team, thru formulas relevant task gets populated on the relevant sheet, now what i want is when my team members update the relevant status, the same to be updated on the task sheet namely colum status + update.

Now with the earlier code it creates a new Sheet Master but is not giving me the desired result can anyone help me in:

1. when i press update instead of new sheet the existing Task sheet gets updated namely only the status and update column?
2. when the task is marked closed the same is deleted from the active task sheet and added to archive?

lynnnow
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Do you mean that the "Master" sheet needs to be updated with the data from the other sheets?

You could try deleting this part:

For Each sht In wrk.Worksheets
If sht.Name = "Master" Then
MsgBox "There is a worksheet called as 'Master'." & vbCrLf & _
"Please remove or rename this worksheet since 'Master' would be" & _
"the name of the result worksheet of this process.", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Error"
Exit Sub
End If
Next sht

and replace with

sheets("Master").activate

then to delete the "Closed" tasks
Range("F2").Activate
Do While ActiveCell.Row <= Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
reCheck:
If ActiveCell.Value = "Closed" Then
ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Delete
GoTo reCheck
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Loop

You might have to modify the cell ranges to suit.

HTH

lynnnow
10-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Do you mean that the "Master" sheet needs to be updated with the data from the other sheets?

You could try deleting this part:

For Each sht In wrk.Worksheets
If sht.Name = "Master" Then
MsgBox "There is a worksheet called as 'Master'." & vbCrLf & _
"Please remove or rename this worksheet since 'Master' would be" & _
"the name of the result worksheet of this process.", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Error"
Exit Sub
End If
Next sht

and replace with

sheets("Master").activate

then to delete the "Closed" tasks
Range("F2").Activate
Do While ActiveCell.Row <= Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
reCheck:
If ActiveCell.Value = "Closed" Then
ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Delete
GoTo reCheck
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Loop

You might have to modify the cell ranges to suit.

HTH

kumaramitouj
10-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi not exactly,

1. the delete button was deleting the entire column 'f2' instead or row, more or less tweaked it to delete row.

What is desired: instead of auto delete can we move the data in that row to a new sheet archive? from where it can be manually deteted? if not i can live with it - and i appreciate your help.

2. Still the update button is creating a new sheet master instead i want sheet1'task' to be updated with data in column "f" 'status & column "h"'update' from all sub sheets for relevant task.

regards,