PDA

View Full Version : Gigantic Font Problem

MWE
10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
This may not be a VBA problem, but perhaps someone has an idea.

I am running ol2003 and WinXP. I send out email to a group of 170 people. Since Outlook does not support dist lists that large, I use a VBA procedure that creates 2 separate emails and copies the addresses from a spreadsheet into the BCC block. The VBA code is pretty basic:
starts with a completed email (except BCC block)
creates a new instance of that mailitem
reads a group of addresses from the spreadsheet and populate the BCC block
sends the email
repeats steps 2, 3 and 4 with the second block of addressesThe VBA code does nothing to the mailitem body, fonts, etc. The procedure has run perfectly for six months.

A few days ago I received feedback from one of the recipients that the emails I had been sending to him were arriving at his end with "giant font" and that this started "about a week ago". Turns out that the 12 point Arial font I used when I sent out the email arrived at his end at 120 point Arial. The 10X change sounds like a decimal point problem.

I have asked the entire group if they are having this problem; approx 5% are and all state that only my emails are arriving with this giant font but not all of my emails have giant font. And, not all paragraphs in my emails are giant font

Given that only 5% of the recipients are having the problem but only my emails are giant font emails, there must be some interaction between what I am doing and their systems. I have changed nothing regarding how I manage emails for this group in more than a month.

Any thoughts?