PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Source Safe 2005 does not check-in Access form saving changes

Kendall
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I'm using Visual Source Safe 2005 to manage an Access project. There is a certain form that is giving me fits: I check-out, edit, save, check-in, re-check-out...and my edit did not get saved. When I open Visual Source Safe, the time stamp shows that the last check-in of the form in question was 10/23, yet I've checked it in today, 10/25 (and probably 15 times or so, trying to figure this out).

I've checked out, edited, checked in other forms, and they have been properly checked in. Time stamps updated, version incremented, edit is there.

Can anyone point me in a direction to get this resolved? Google hasn't turned up much.

Thanks,

Kendall

Kendall
10-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Update:

I've ran the Analyze utility and it did not find any inconsistencies with the SourceSafe database.

Kendall
10-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok, problem solved. I had to rename the form in SourceSafe Explorer, then in Access, check out, edit, save, check in, close Access project. Rename back to original file name in SourceSafe Explorer. Now in Access I'm able to make edits and have them checked in.

Not impressed at all, SourceSafe...