PDA

View Full Version : Text alignment from two text boxes

mplees
10-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi,

It may not be possible to do what I need, but I'm open to any suggestions. This is a little difficult to explain, but I'll do my best! I have inherited a Word application that uses a user form to enter data into a template and backend database. I cannot change the layout or structure of the form and fields, but I need to find a solution to one problem.

The form has two specific multi line text boxes that the user enters specific information into. The left box contains a text description, the right box a price in numeric form. After entering the data this is written into a Word template (actually inserted within a table/bookmark). The problem is that the text from the two boxes doesnt align correctly. The text description may contain several paragraphs of varying length, separated by carriage returns. The user finds it very difficult to add an equal number of carriage returns into the right hand text box so that the text is correctly aligned when transferred.

My question is: is there a way of either counting the number of lines in each paragraph and then applying the same spacing to each separate line in the other text box

OR

Is there a way of automatically aligning the text/prices after inserting them in the template

OR

is it possible to make the two text boxes scroll together so that the user can see where to enter the right hand info in the correct alignment

OR

any other way of achieving this.

I cannot rely on the user manually reformatting the document, so it needs to be an automated solution. Hope that makes sense, and that someone can offer some assistance - many thanks.

Regards

Mark

fumei
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Can you create a dummy example of this? If the text is going into a table via bookmarks, it sounds like it should be easy. Just put the text into appropriate cells. However, I may not be visualizing this fully.