PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to create a calender with various functions using vba

wedd
10-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Is it possible to create a professional calender with times which can highlight in various colours when a conference room is booked, gym or hired facilities etc are scheduled to be used? In addition messages will pop up that either a room is available to be scheduled for that date and time (based on a 24hr clock - schedule) or it has been pre-booked for another specific activity or conference meeting room with specific name of the room as well as the team or management or ceo in charge of the meeeting. I have three locations: MCC, TLC and AYS and it would be very useful if we could track all the events that took place at each venue...I'm not sure due to the capacity of data whether its possible to have each location on the same form or maybe logically it may be more professional to have a calender schedule for each location separately on different forms. Is it possible to perform this interesting problem? If so, how can this be done? I'm intermediate with vba. So would you have any steps on how i can perform this i.e sample code?

Thanks for your solutions to this interesting problem:friends:

OBP
10-31-2010, 08:30 AM
It doesn't actually take a geat deal of VB do what you want, it is more a case of setting sutiable tables to hold date & times and then bookings based on those dates and times.
I posted an "Appointment Booking" database here
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26709&highlight=appointments
You could change it from doctors etc to Rooms.