PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Excel 2003 to 2007 "ENABLE MACROS"

gimli
11-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi all,

Just have some questions about 2007 and macros....

We just got an upgrade to 2007 and have a questions about enabling macros.

1. Is there a way to automatically enable macros or will there always be a prompt "Securtiy Warning - some active content has been disabled" prompting the user select enable content?

2. There is an option under "save as" called excel macro enabled workbook. Should I save it under this format ?? Will this be the best way?

3. Is there a setting that can be made by each user to always enable macros without getting that security warning?

Basically im looking for the best option to save my workbooks with VBA for distributution.

thanks much

Bob Phillips
11-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Just have some questions about 2007 and macros....

We just got an upgrade to 2007 and have a questions about enabling macros.

1. Is there a way to automatically enable macros or will there always be a prompt "Securtiy Warning - some active content has been disabled" prompting the user select enable content?

No, security would be pointless if you could. You could set security to low, but I would not recommend that. You can also store spreadsheets in a trusted location.

2. There is an option under "save as" called excel macro enabled workbook. Should I save it under this format ?? Will this be the best way?

If you have macros, you MUST save as xlsm or xlam.

3. Is there a setting that can be made by each user to always enable macros without getting that security warning?

Is this different that Q1?

gimli
11-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Ok so thanks for the info...

Putting the spreadsheets in a trusted location? That sounds like a good idea..

So what your saying if its in a trusted location when people access the file the macros will be enabled with not security prompt?

Can you elaborate on that ?

thanks

Bob Phillips
11-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Yes, that is right.

If you go to Office Button>Excel Options>Trust Center>Trusted Locations. Here you can add locations that you designate as trusted, and any workboos stored there will not be prompted for.

gimli
11-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the help