PDA

View Full Version : My Form always opens in Full Screen Mode

Asi
11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi

I want to be able to create small forms. I see this all the time but I can't get the Restore/Maximize next to the Close (the X on the top right corner).
I have Access 2007.
Tried to set "Auto Resize" or "Fit To Screen" properties but no success.

Thanks
Asi

Imdabaum
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
By a small form, are you referring to a popup box? If so, there is a property called Popup you can set to Yes.

Asi
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
changing the PopUp to Yes indeed opened it in a smaller size but I can not right click the window frame, switch to design view and stay with this small size in order to adjust the exact size that I need.
when I right clicked the frame I only only get maximze/restore/close options.

I want to open it in small size in the design view so I could set it's size by dragging the mouse.

Thanks
Asi

hansup
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
changing the PopUp to Yes indeed opened it in a smaller size but I can not right click the window frame, switch to design view and stay with this small size in order to adjust the exact size that I need.
when I right clicked the frame I only only get maximze/restore/close options.

I want to open it in small size in the design view so I could set it's size by dragging the mouse.Since you can get to design view, open the form's property sheet and change the Form width setting. Then change the Detail section height property. Save the changes and switch to form view.

Does that help? I don't think PopUp mode will allow you resize a from by grabbing it's border with the mouse because (I think) resizable borders are not enabled in PopUp mode.

Asi
11-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks, appreciate your help.
I don't know why I still can't switch to design view and get a small sized window but your suggestion helped.

Asi