PDA

View Full Version : Merge problem with 2 pages per sheet

xCav8r
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm trying to set up a merge document that is like a post card with address information on one side and different information on the other side. Under Page Setup, Multiple Pages is set to 2 pages per sheet. One page one I have the address information; page two, the other information.

There are two options available to me in the printer properties: flip on long edge or flip on short edge. When I flip on long edge, the top post card like thing has address information from record one on the first page and address information from record two on the back page. The other information appears on the front and back of the bottom post card like thingee. When I flip on the short edge, it's not an improvement. Instead of the addresses being paired, the address from record one is paired with the other info from record two and vice versa--with the added bonus of being flipped in orientation because it flipped on the short edge. In other words, what's on the second page doesn't go onto the back of what's on the first page. When flipping on long edge, page three is on the back of page one while page four is on the back of page two. When flipping on the short edge, page four is on the back of page one, and page three is on the back of page two.

Is there a way to get this to work? The only alternative that comes to mind is setting up pages one and two for addresses (A & B) and pages three and four for other info (A & B). That seems like an unnecessarily complicated approach requiring SET, REF, NEXT, and bookmarks. Surely I'm missing something.

MOS MASTER
06-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi, :yes

I don't understand your problem in Full because theres so much of it in so little space. :rofl:

For Duplex printing:
I've made a testmerge document with on the first page:
Name: <<Name>>
Last Name: <<Last Name>>
---Page break---(Ctrl+Enter)

On the second Page:
Office Version: <<Office>>
Favorite App: <<Fav_App>>

No I've merged the database to one document.

Then I Press CTRL+P
Choose Properties and check: Flipp On Long edge

Now I print.

The result is that the Name and lastName section is in the Top Left corner as expected. (The way I put it in the document)

Now I turn the page and the Office and Favorite part is also in the Top Left corner as Expected. (The way its there in the document)

I Use a OXIPAGE 24DX Duplex printer.

So all seams to work fine over here......

Could you try what I did and see if it works the same for you?

If it still not works for you could you attach a mergedocument (With database) over here that has the problem.

And could you point out what should be different.

Later...:whistle:

xCav8r
06-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for testing it for me. I left the examples at work, so I'll have to attach those tomorrow.

xCav8r
06-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Were you doing 2 pages per sheet? Anyway, here's the attachment. If you merge and print it duplex, you'll see that the desired back page is actually front page #2.

MOS MASTER
06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Were you doing 2 pages per sheet? Anyway, here's the attachment. If you merge and print it duplex, you'll see that the desired back page is actually front page #2.

No not really Word has no sheets! :rofl: Serious now...My merge document was 2 pages long. (just like yours)

I have limited time write now but I'll look at the attachment later. :whistle:

MOS MASTER
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM

Now I had time to examine the document better I see your page set-up is set to Two pages in one page. (Didn't notice that)

I now understand what you mean but in my humble opion Word/print driver is still printing correct. (Word is now counting 2 pages as 1 so Page 1 = your pages 1 + 2....and in that logic the printer is doing a good job)

Whit a two page (on two pages) document you wouldn't have this problem. But you probably need it to be 2 pages on 1 page.

I couldn't find a good setting to fix your problem. (Which doesn't mean there isn't any)

So sowie...:whistle:

xCav8r
06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
This is no longer a priority for me since I had to do it the hard way with SET and REF to put record one part one on page one, record two part one on page two, record one part two on page three, record two part two on page four. If it can be done more easily, however, I'd love to know.

MOS MASTER
06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Yups..that'll work...but you're right..it does seam a lot of work.

If I come up with something else I'll let you know. :whistle:

xCav8r
06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, thanks for checking it out for me. I was hoping to avoid all that extra work, but I'm not sure it's even possible. What a pain to have to do! Bad, bad, MS Word!

MOS MASTER
06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, thanks for checking it out for me. I was hoping to avoid all that extra work, but I'm not sure it's even possible. What a pain to have to do! Bad, bad, MS Word!
You're welcome! (And for now I'm not sure if it can be done cause in my opinion Word is doing what its suppost to do)

And please don't talk BAD about Word in my pressence...:devil: :rofl: :rotlaugh: (That will give me Nightmares tonight...)

xCav8r
06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Right, Word might not be perfect, but I know something that is... :P

MOS MASTER
06-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Right, Word might not be perfect, but I know something that is... :P
Please......don't tell me it's BLOGGING Access! :rtfm:

xCav8r
06-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Explained jokes are never funny, but...

Word + Perfect = Word Perfect ;)

MOS MASTER