PDA

View Full Version : Split Word doc into seperate pages, but keep Headers and Footers

AusSteelMan
11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently used the code from knowledge base as shown at this post

www . vbaexpress . com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=727 (can't link it since I don't have enough posts. Pls remove spaces at the ".")

to split a mail merge doc into seperate pages.

The splitting worked well, but I would like an extra feature if anyone can help out.

The mail merged doc has headers and footers that are NOT transferred to the individual docs. Can anyone implement a code update to make this feature possible.

The only onther way I could get the final result was to mail merge to an email address. I sent it to my own with the letter as an attachment. Now I have individual docs, but it is a bit of a long process, esp with the need to verify every email sent out.

I would prefer to not use the recipients email directly since the letters are better coming from other people. (I am the secretary of a kids xmas club and we are hitting up some suppliers/contractors for a small donation. As such, the letter to a potential sponsor is better to come from our main contact for that company rather than directly from me. I just want to create the docs, send to my contact, who will then send to their supplier contact -- Sorry, I know that is a long winded story, but hoppefully explains why I'd like to be able to produce individual documents).

I currently use Word 2000 at work, but in the next 2 months or so, will be on 2007.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Thanks also to Graham Skan for the original code.

Regards,
ASM

AusSteelMan
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
bump

fumei
11-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Without looking at the code you are using:

1. Put in the headers/footers you want, for each document

OR

2. use a template that has those headers/footers. Put the individual documents created into new documents with that template attached.