PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Is there a way to add/delete a Quick Access Toolbar Icon using VBA?

hkeiner
11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Is there a way to add/delete a macro enabled Icon on the Quick Access Toolbar using VBA code? The QAT Icon would be mapped to a certain module.sub on the Normal template. I know how to do this manually using dialog boxes, but I want to be able to do this via VBA code.

My objective is to have the Icon appear in the QAT only when certain documents are opened. I already know how to use AutoOpen and AutoClose subs to conditionally add/remove userforms and modules on the Normal Template when these documents are opened, but I have not found a way to do something similar with macro enabled QAT icons.

I am guessing that this is not possible, but I thought I might ask.

Thanks

hkeiner
11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I never received a response to my question (perhaps it was too unclear) but I did learn of an alternative method for conrolling (adding) QAT buttons appearing on a group of user PCs. In short, a shared template is used.

See the below link for more info. I thought I would mention it here in case someone else is looking for a similar solution..

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39381