PDA

View Full Version : Creating a pop up message on check box opitons

wedd
11-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi, I'm trying to create the following 3 separate yes/no checkboxes that pop up messages when the user either click on the yes or no checkbox. Is this possible? If so, how can this be done? Do you have any sample vba code as I'm a relative beginner. I know its possible to do on accesss 2003, however I have access 2007 home edition and its a bit of a dilema trying to incorporate sample code from an oler version into my version. So, if you have 2007 access edtion that may be compatible.

[A) Has a Booking Form been completed? (a no answer will stop the booking from proceeding when ticked)
Has a deposit been paid? (a no answer will stop the booking from proceeding when ticked)

(B) IF THE LOCATION IS UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME – AN ERROR MESSAGE IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED
Is this a tentative booking? (CHECK BOX OPTIONS)

IF YES, a pop up message should appear when the user ticks "NO FURTHER DETAILS ARE REQUIRED FOR A TENTATIVE BOOKING"

IF NO, a pop up message should appear when the user ticks the No check box option "THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ARE GENERATED FOR A CONFIRMED BOOKING"[/font]

IF YES, when the user ticks this option a pop up message will appear "THE NAME OF THE CARETAKER SHOULD BE INSERTED, AND AN EMAIL SENT AUTOMATICALLY TO THE CARETAKER’S EMAIL ADDRESS, CONFIRMING THE BOOKING."

IF NO, when the user ticks this check box option the following pop up message will appear "AN EMAIL WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GENERATED TO THE ADMINISTRATOR 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE STATING THAT A CARETAKER IS REQUIRED FOR THAT PARTICULAR BOOKING".

(C )What is the status of the Caretaker Supervision Form? (check box option Menu)

(option NO ) A pop up message should appear "Not Returned-Unsatisfactory - Deposit Returned".

(option Yes)and when the option Returned is ticked a pop up message should appear "Returned Satisfactorily - Deposit Retained"

Thanks for your solutions and contributions:friends:

OBP
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
VBA has not changed much between 2003 & 2007.