PDA

View Full Version : Need macros or something similar

dilipramadas
11-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Hi all,
I have a repetitive task every month where I've to copy 30 files to another folder and rename the file with current month name. Once done, then i open each file to make more changes to the format, formulas (which show month on month, year on year, quarter on quater variance), month name in 5 sheets. It takes me more than 5 hours to make the changes.
every month i do this thrice. is there a better way to reduce the time taken and increase the efficiency?
thanks in advance.
:banghead:

Bob Phillips
11-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Post an example workbook and explain the changes to make, then we can knock you up a macro to do the work.

shrivallabha
11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
For the first part if the names are the same then you can use DOS commands to automate the copying task. I have attached a typical file.

To see the syntax, right click on the run.bat file and choose 'Edit' option.

Here you can add 30 lines of the copy statement. There are 3 parts.

copy FromPath ToPath

Then you can set the bat file to run on specific dates using Task Scheduler.

Hth,

dilipramadas
03-14-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm attaching a sample for the experiment. Its not complete but it is mostly understandable.

The columns and values that are important for the current month needs to be highlighted. I'm sorry i can't share the actual file as it is confidential data. :(

Any help on this is appreciated :bow:

dilipramadas
03-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I didn't attach my macro here.. it conked my PC pretty bad! :banghead:

shrivallabha
03-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I did not understand your requirements clearly. However, there has been a thread which was of fairly similar nature. See if this helps.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36352