PDA

View Full Version : Matching failed

TheAnswer
11-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Dim aFound As Range, bFound As Range, cFound As Range

With Sheets("Vol")

Set aFound = .Rows(10).Find(What:="Agency & Custodian", After:=.Rows(10).Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False _
, SearchFormat:=False)

Set cFound = .Columns("C").Find(What:="Credit Reviews", _
After:=.Columns("C").Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

Set bFound = .Rows(9).Find(What:="10/2010", After:=.Rows(9).Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

End With

a = Index("Volume Reports", Match("bFound", 0), Match("cFound", 0))
a.Copy

I have error for the coding which is on bold. Appreciate all helps.

p45cal
11-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Untested, but try:Dim aFound As Range, bFound As Range, cFound As Range, a As Range
With Sheets("Vol")
Set aFound = .Rows(10).Find(What:="Agency & Custodian", After:=.Rows(10).Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
Set cFound = .Columns("C").Find(What:="Credit Reviews", After:=.Columns("C").Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
Set bFound = .Rows(9).Find(What:="10/2010", After:=.Rows(9).Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
End With
Set a = Intersect(cFound.EntireRow, bFound.EntireColumn)
a.Copy

TheAnswer
11-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Omg, thanks a lot, it works!!!
haha, but i will like to move "a" two rows below before it is copied. From cell "AF13" to "AF15".
Is it possible?

p45cal
11-19-2010, 04:01 AM
"move" needs clarifying. What would you do to the cell and/or its contents if you were doing this manually? Copy/Paste? Click and Drag? Copy/PasteSpecial? Just Copy? etc.

TheAnswer
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
i cannot do copy and paste cells cause the format will change thus the data copied over to the other workbook will be different each time the cells changed.

TheAnswer
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
These are the two samples that i had uploaded. I wish to copy the values of "received","processed" and "completed" over to another worksheet. I cannot do simply by copying and pasting the cells as the format of sample 1 will keep on changing.

p45cal
11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
With the likes ofSub Macro2()
Workbooks("sample1.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E6:H8").Copy
Workbooks("sample2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C23").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End SuborSub Macro3()
Set Source = Workbooks("sample1.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E6:H8")
Workbooks("sample2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C23").Resize(Source.Rows.Count, Source.Columns.Count).Value = Source.Value
End Sub

kroz
11-21-2010, 11:53 PM
With the likes ofSub Macro2()
Workbooks("sample1.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E6:H8").Copy
Workbooks("sample2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C23").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub
or you can do this:

Sub Macro2()
Workbooks("sample1.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E6:H8").Copy destination:= Workbooks("sample2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C23").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone
End Sub

It's exactly the same code only i've changed the shape a little.

TheAnswer
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks. But there is another problem. I will like to use If, else statement to loop through both workbooks and if it find a match between column B of "2.xls" and column A:B of "1.xls" then it will loop through column D of "2.xls" and if it matches column B of "1.xls" then it will copy the values of "received","processed" and "completed" onto "1.xls"

TheAnswer
11-22-2010, 12:12 AM
This is "2.xls"

kroz
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Not tested - i didn't really understand what you wanted to copy but it should get you close to your goal:

Sub newff()
Dim oneCell As Range
Dim rRow As Integer, DRow As Integer
Workbooks("2.xls").Activate
rRow = Range("B2").SpecialCells(xlLastCell)
For Each oneCell In Range("B1:B" & rRow).Cells
oneCell.Value = Application.VLookup(oneCell.Value, Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
If Not (IsError(oneCell.Value)) Then
DRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(oneCell.Value, Range("D:D"), 0)
If DRow > 0 Then 'it matched the B cell with the D one on row DRow
Workbooks("2.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(YourRange2).Copy Destination:=Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(YourRange1)
Application.CutCopyMode False
End If
end if
Next
End Sub

TheAnswer
11-22-2010, 02:47 AM
DRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(oneCell.Value, Range("D:D"), 0)

Thanks for the help but i received error for this sentence. It is unable to get match property of the worksheet function class.

kroz
11-22-2010, 03:17 AM
this should work better, i modified it a bit:

Sub newff()
Dim oneCell As Range
rRow = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row
oneCell.Value = Application.VLookup(oneCell.Value, Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
If Not (IsError(oneCell.Value)) Then
If Not (IsError(Application.Match(oneCell.Value, Range("D:D"), 0))) Then 'it matched the B cell with the D one on row DRow
DRow = Application.Match(oneCell.Value, Range("D:D"), 0)
Workbooks("2.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:A").Copy Destination:=Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D1")
End If
End If
Next
End Sub

Replace the copied ranges with the ones you need

kroz
11-22-2010, 03:57 AM
hm, there was a slight error in my code. I noticed i made it to replace instead of just using the value. The fixed code

Sub newff()
Dim oneCell As Range
dim aTemp as String
rRow = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row
aTemp = Application.VLookup(oneCell.Value, Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
If Not (IsError(aTemp)) Then
If Not (IsError(Application.Match(aTemp, Range("D:D"), 0))) Then 'it matched the B cell with the D one on row DRow
DRow = Application.Match(aTemp, Range("D:D"), 0)
Workbooks("2.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:A").Copy Destination:=Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D1")
End If
End If
Next
End Sub

TheAnswer
11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi, there is error with the statement below.

Error: Type Mismatch

aTemp = Application.VLookup(oneCell.value, Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)

kroz
11-22-2010, 11:11 PM
you are right, change

Dim aTemp as String

to

Dim aTemp as Variant

TheAnswer
11-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks but there is still error. Runtime error 9.
Subscript out of range.

kroz
11-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Did you modify the ranges to fit your needs?

Workbooks("2.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:A").Copy Destination:= _
Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D1")

I didn't really understand how you want to copy the info, i didn't find anything related in your files.

TheAnswer
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Ya, i did change the values to meet my needs and the error is found at this sentence :
aTemp = Application.VLookup(oneCell.Value, Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)

Example 1 from "2.xls":
08/200809/2008
Deposit Placement/ RolloverBBCA CollateralReceived.1Processed..Completed..
Example 2 from "1.xls":
AugSep
6. Deposit Placement/ Rolloveri. Project AccountReceived 45 26 38 26 30 Processed 45 26 38 26 30 Completed 45 26 38 26 30 Total Completed 45 26 38 26 30

Is it possible use look through the first column and if "Deposit Placement/rollover" of "2.xls" matches with "Deposit Placement/Rollover" of "1.xls". Then it will look through "received,processed and completed" and if two worksheets matches then values from "2.xls" will be copied over to "1.xls".

Thanks a lot for your help.

TheAnswer
11-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh no!! My bad..
I sent you the wrong file
Please refer to this new attached file instead of "1.xls"
So sorry for the problem caused.