PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Auto Fill

chem101
11-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to auto fill a cell from the drop down list attached to the cell from Data Validation. I a user that selects a Customer's Name from a drop down list attached to a cell in worksheet 1. The Customer List is a table set up in worksheet 3. I would like the user to enter a letter or two in the cell with the drop down list on worksheet one and have the name auto fill the Customer's Name. Can this be done with VBA code? If yes, can offer some advice on how I can begin.

Thank you!

austenr
11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
You can do what you described but why would you want to to something like that?

Example: Say the person enters "An" in the drop down list and it brings up the first person Andy. But what you really intended to have populated is someone else like "Anistasia".

Seems risky to me but I would think twice about doing something like that. You dont waste that much time selecting from a drop down list.

chem101
11-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks, that makes sense. How about being able to enter the first letter of the name so the drop down list starts at that part of the alphabetic listing instead of the top? Like entering the letter 'T' and the list goes to the first 'T' entry instead of starting at the top of the list.
Thank you for your help!

austenr
11-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Check out this:

http://ashishmathur.com/replies.aspx

question 44. Good luck.

chem101
11-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Thank you for your help!